The Undaunted Heart Podcast #28: Asali & Self-Care as System Disruption
The Undaunted Heart Podcast: gives a platform to wellness rebels and sacred revolutionaries on the margins to share their medicine and magic directly with you, wherever you are in the world, or on your life’s journey (previously named Trailblazer Interviews).
Asali is a Black queer femme community healer and
Her healing work is rooted in using self-care as a means to disrupt systems of oppression and prioritize care for her community.
I have been deeply lucky to have had several amazing tarot readings from her and have been following her work and reading her insightful, brilliant blog and accessible, practical and magical card spreads for some time.
So I am so excited to be speaking and sharing with her here today.
In this podcast, we talk about:
- Drawing on sacred arts when we are in a life crisis.
- Representation in tarot and how it impacts our healing.
- Healing through radical self and community care. So much of ‘healing’ and ’empowerment’ in the dominant wellness culture (a predominately white, cishet,
abelist, capitalist culture) is incredibly individualistic and this isn’t the only – or the best – option.
- Caring as radical: “Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation, and that is an act of political warfare. ” — AUDRE LORDE
- Integrating the sacred and the political in action.
Click to Tweet: The Undaunted Heart Podcast #28: Asali & Self-Care as System Disruptionhttps://bit.ly/2F7ZM75
Transcript: I am currently seeking support on Patreon to enable me to offer The Undaunted Heart Podcast as an inclusive offering. At my second goal, I can commit to a 2019 season of The Undaunted Heart Podcast as a bi-monthly release.
My goal is to produce free transcripts so the podcast is accessible to d/Deaf and hearing impaired
You can find Asali’s amazing here: https://www.asaliearthwork.com/
How do you keep healthy in entrepreneurship or