1. Try not to think about penguins – there you are smiling now aren’t you?
2. Explore on Google earth – check out your neighbourhood, or you know, Paraguay.
3. Adventure into space. It’s amazing, such a privilage. Click and marvel.
4. Read a book, use your time to learn something.
5. Take a trip around the world. Who knew South Africa can look similar to California?
6. Write a haiku. Text it to your friend.
7. Write a card or letter to someone.
8. Email an author you admire and share how their work has moved you.
9. Call up someone and speak for 15 minutes – just chat.
I used to do this all the time back in the days before mobile phone were common. When I was waiting at train or coach stations – and that happened a lot – it was 20 pence in the pay phone to talk to someone for 15 minutes. So I’d take my little pink phone book with me, look up someone’s number, hang out in the phone box and get them to amuse me for 15 minutes. It was never less than delightful.
10. Read old etiquette manuals.
11. Take a class from a world famous university, from your bed, for free.
13. Go to Italy or Spain for the day – listen to the music, read about the country, look at maps, eat food inspired by the area.
14. Read a novel. Try one from my top ten list here.
15. Write something.
16. Get a foot massage or pedicure. Call a mobile therapist, swap with your partner or do it yourself! If none of these are an option how about an online role play?
18. Day dream.
20. Log off Facebook.
21. Cut up magazines and make a collage with love and far too much glue.
22. Make artist trading cards
23. Make Soul Collage cards
24. Learn a new word each day.
25. Take a foot bath if you can’t take a full bath, add bubbles or oils and soak.
26. Grow indoor veggies.
27. Make your own comic book
28. Dream up your ideal milkshake/smoothie recipe.
29. Watch childhood cartoons on youtube.
30. Write in your journal.
31. Get dressed up.
32. Take a picture every hour.
33. Set a small budget and browse Etsy.
34. Do origami.
35. Make a Pinterest board.
36. Flick through the dictionary, read and keep reading – what is a dodecahedron? The definition of a whippersnapper?
37. Take a nap.
38. Listen to an audio book. Check out Project Gutenberg for free options
39. Skype people to connect ‘face to face’.
40. Try out a telescope if you have one.
41. Set up a cool bag by your bed and fill it with healthy snacks – carrot sticks, kale chips, green juice, sliced apples and almond butter, raw pasta and pesto. And yummy drinks like smoothies and elderflower coolers.
42. Invite visitors.
43. Call all of your fiends with the request to borrow video tapes or DVD’s. Amusement and visitors in one.
44. Paint, draw, craft.
45. Try EFT
46. Improve your maths, geography, and vocabulary on Freerice.com
47. Hold a concert in your bedroom – put on your favourite album, turn the volume up, download music videos, lighter in the air – and you are in just the right place to sleep off the exertion afterwards.
48. Jigsaw puzzle on a tray.
49. Watch my Wellness Provocateur Vlogs
Image of Coco Chanel no infringement intended. Found here.