Want to learn how to live, work and love when you are ill, struggling or lost in a tempest of suffering?
Trailblazing Wellness Coaching offers an intersectional integrated psycho-neuro-spiritual space where you can find safety to exploring being human and discover you.
I help you figure out what fits you. I want to listen and learn what’s important to you. I care what’s in your heart and world, my dear.
If you are feeling…
• Overwhelmed and wondering where your life got lost in a maze of medical appointments that seem to use your energy (and money) but achieve uh, well… very little
• Like a failure for not being productive enough or spending so much time ‘doing nothing’ aka managing your symptoms
• Worried you are wasting your life and secretly start to panic that you aren’t really ill or maybe it’s your fault or all in your head
• Feeling lost and uncertain how to pick up the reins of a life that no longer feels like or fits you, post-diagnosis
• Desperate to rest but also desperate to do ALL THE THINGS
• Drowning in grief because you’ve got big plans, but your body can’t meet them
• Capsized by emotional pain that it feels your body isn’t strong enough to hold
• Disillusioned and alone when you’ve tried every cure with no lasting results
• Craving something to hold onto in a life that is spiralling out of control like tornado season and a body that is feeling less and less like yours
• Angry that you don’t know how to navigate your boundaries and challenging relationships because they were a whirlwind of pain before you were hurting and now it feels insurmountable
…then I hear you and I designed Trailblazing Wellness Coaching for you.
Do you crave…
• Waking up and seeing a life ahead of you, rather than just another day struggling through symptoms
• When you feel something more than just tired-all-the-time
• Spending less money on every new supplement and class, because you don’t know what to do, so you’ve just been doing everything (and it’s not working)
• Making purchases to nourish yourself and water your roots, not to try and fix yourself
• Feeling connected to the pulse of your life, so you bring in what feels nourishing not punishing
• Space where you won’t be punished for being you or not being a white, neurotypical, allistic, non-disabled, straight, cis person
• More joy in your daily life. And less time feeling awful after comparing your life to the lives on Instagram
• More time doing what you actually want to do and less time dreaming of how it could be (but really isn’t)
• Confidence that you are doing what you really want to do in the world and an antidote to all the rhetoric on living now that just made you feel stuck and ashamed for going gently
I have over a decade of experience working with pain, illness and life challenge and hundreds of hours working with clients to build lives they love now, within the needs and tides of their lives, not when they are cured or things are ‘perfect’.
My work has been honed over years, I’m not teaching you my personal treatment protocol or telling you what you ‘should’ be doing. Instead, we work together to forge a healing path.
Results and Accolades
“Finding out I had to live with a chronic disease toppled my world & I had no idea where to even begin reconstructing myself, my self-worth, & my identity.Working with Grace was that beginning. It’s been a perspective changing and a life-changing experience.
Through her healing talent, honesty, empathy, strength, & courage, Grace held up a mirror for me to start recognizing a new me. A brave, accepting, gentle, & strong me. A me that would battle my disease as well as learning to cherish myself as a human.
The coping skills Grace taught me helped me get through difficult days & better enjoy & relish the other days.
I am so grateful I had the opportunity to work in The Phoenix Fire Academy program. It has truly changed my life from lost to living, & from trapped to trailblazing.”
– Sara Lynne | Sara Lynne
“The transformational experience that Grace offers as an alternative to thrashing about in the weeds of ‘no cure’ and ‘multiple chronic illnesses’ is like nothing I’ve experienced before.
When I first approached her, I’d just been diagnosed with a number of new conditions, as well as an increase in severity of a previously known disorder, and I was terrified.
Her insight, support, and invaluable perspective on life with illness – and the healing journey that accompanies it – reminds me not only of her extraordinary capability for transformation and courage, but of my own as well.”
– Esmé Weijun Wang | EsmeWang.com
“Working with Grace is a brilliant experience – a cross between ancient wild magic and genius coaching. Weeks after, I found that little seeds of resentment were just gone, and filled instead with love and understanding. She is truly a force of light in this world, and I can’t recommend her highly enough.”
– Jen Seda M.D. | JenSeda.com
“Grace Quantock is a brilliant new voice in the world of wellness.
Keep your eye on this trailblazer – her life-changing work is driven by a magnetic healing energy and an endless compassion for all beings.”
– Kris Carr, New York Times best selling author | KrisCarr.com
“Grace Quantock is the REAL DEAL”
– Gala Darling | GalaDarling.com
“Grace Quantock is a wellness
provocateur, writer, teacher – and a total inspiration. Her [work] is a how-to guide to a strong and sensational life with chronic illness. Learn how to cope when the doctors say no cure, shift to action and empowerment and live well, in full colour now.
Just visiting her site makes you feel stronger!”
– Jennifer Louden | JenniferLouden.com
“Grace Quantock is an advocate, champion, heaven-sent disseminator of wellness wisdom… [Her work] feels like a wellness-angel sitting down with you, holding your hand through the doctor’s waiting room, surgeries, struggles and joys.”
– Linda Sivertsen | BookMama.com
“Grace’s words are filled with authenticity and integrity. She is an intelligent and inspiring woman and her message can lift you up when you’re feeling down.”
– Dr David Hamilton, best-selling Hay House author | DrDavidHamilton.com
“For anyone who feels like their body has betrayed them with illness, Grace Quantock models how to…start using illness as an opportunity for personal growth and spiritual awakening, allowing the journey to blaze trail towards a more fulfilling life.
When illness is viewed as a message from the core of who you are, pointing you towards your deepest truth, rather than as a punishment, getting sick just could be the best thing that ever happened to you.”
– Lissa Rankin, MD, author of Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof That You Can Heal Yourself | LissaRankin.com
I am a Healing Provocateur Coach, writer, teacher and wellness trailblazer. And I think you’re a trailblazer too.
If you are living with pain, illness or life challenge.
If your world has been overwhelmed by grief.
Or you are searching for your identity in a maelstrom of medicalisation and judgement.
If you’re suffering isn’t visible and it’s being invalidated on all sides.
…then you know what it is to lose your path, your roots, your anchoring.
You know what it’s like to spend hours in hospital waiting rooms, to sleep by the side of your loved one, to the very end (except there’s not much sleeping, of course). You know how it feels to drag yourself upright when you’re so tired your very bones hum with the ache of it. Or you’ve been there when you try to stand up and hit the wall (literally) because, in your waking-up moment, you forgot that you can’t stand up any longer.
But you also know the community of texting at night from your hospital bed, care packages made with love and too much glitter, the fathoms-deep solidarity of finding accessibility, resilience, compassion and connections forged in pain that transcends distance, difficulties and doubts.
• When you rock up to the emergency room with a self-care kit in your bag, you are a trailblazer.
• When you find a way to live well within four walls, you are trailblazing.
• When you re-invent your dreams to fit your current situation*, you are blazing a trail in your life and in our world.
That’s what I’m doing too, with Trailblazing Wellness Coaching and I can support you to do these things (or the things you need) and blaze your own trail.
Illness has been called “another country”, and it’s not only illness we get lost in, but pain, accident, trauma or grief.
They are our own personal lost-sight-of-the-shore moments, our wildernesses, and you are finding a way through the wilderness you are the first to do it in your life, the only one who can, but you don’t have to do it alone.
We trailblazers, we survivors, we struggling but still breathing, can come together, and follow in the footsteps of those who have traversed these struggling ways before us.
I have struggled through many of these places, living with multiple illnesses and adversity. I’m waiting on the other side for you, I want to hold your hand, to reassure you that it won’t always be like this and that even when it hurts more than you can bear, even when you feel like giving up, I believe in you.
My approach is based on respectful empathy, psychotherapeutic depth coaching, holding space, creative tool gathering and the sacred arts. I am inspired by feminist Jungian work, somatic psychotherapy theory, innovative disabled people making it work, punk DIY ethos and the deep listening of nature.
I offer integrated emotional mindbody work, not simply coaching but invite energetic, intuitive, embodied healing.
My chief influences are Marion Woodman, Linda Kohanov, Dr Clarissa Pinkola Estes, Karla McLauren, Jerome Bernstein, James Hillman, Caitlin Matthews, Rachel Naomi Remen, Susun Weed, Barbara G. Walker and Mary Brave Bird.
My lineage includes a personal family history of sacred Celtic prayers and practice. I am the descendant of witches, devout Catholics, baptists and blessings. I have my grassroots in spells, herb allies and ancient hedgerows, seers and seekers and the wisdom of the animals I’ve learned from.
I work proudly in the tradition of the midwives and wise women, feminists, sacred prostitutes and holy anchorites, queers, femmes and glitter loving folx of the wilds. I am with the disabled women with raised voices, the activists, poets and painters, writers and rioters, punks and riot grrls and tender-hearted fighters.
I speak and teaching at universities, wellness centres, and nationally recognised events, as well as being interviewed as a health expert by national and international media.
Awards include a Future Young Leader of Wales Award and a finalist for Britain’s Top Real Role Model, Entrepreneur Wales Awards & multiple award winner of Great British Entrepreneur Awards.
I am trained as a bereavement support worker, I’m a qualified psychotherapeutic counsellor and studying for my M.A in psychotherapy and counselling practice. I teach and coach internationally and from my studio in south Wales.
I’ve taught mindful movement to adults with learning disabilities, contribute on a board for social care policy, sat on the largest health board in Wales and lectured on mental health Masters degrees at university. I’m a writer, former activist and sacred arts practitioner.
I have a degree in history with a focus on medieval gender studies specialising in medieval women’s work-life cycle.
I’ve studied (and am studying) teaching, coaching as activism, sacred arts and story, art therapy and intuitive painting, human rights advocacy, building healthy boundaries, yoga for chronic illness and equine facilitated psychotherapy. I’m a Usui Reiki at master teacher level and work with myths, stories and archetypes for self-discovery.
All this means that I bring a wider understanding of systems and context to our work. It’s all about you, but it’s not just us in the room. I can speak to the complex societal, political and historical prejudices and privileges that intersect through our lives as well as the liminal aspects of our experiencing.
I offer an alternative to the medical model and the individualistic self-help model, together we integrate the practices, tools and possibilities that fit you and find a new path to your potential.
I have always been about healing, (his)tories, women/femmes and libration, that’s what I do now with my work with you.
I am known for learning to live well with dark times, for kindness and compassion in healing and growth. For going deep, riptides notwithstanding and coming out the other side.
How we work together
I offer Trailblazing coaching worldwide, if you speak English and have a phone or internet connection, we can work together.
I work primarily via Zoom. We’ll meet (generally) weekly in a one on one private session.
The investment is $145 per session which includes email coaching between sessions.
I am experienced in working with people with varying disabilities and am happy to adapt the coaching methods and delivery to your needs.
Although I am a qualified therapist, in psychotherapeutic humanistic and integrative counselling, and my coaching practice is influenced by this, this isn’t therapy. We are working together to create possibilities and support for you, it’s collaborative. I will bring in all my skills and knowledge where appropriate, everything from mindful movement, art journalling, story-making, myth exploration, creative practices, to sacred or energy work.
No false scarcity, but because of the deep nature of my work, I can only see a small amount of coaching clients. Spaces are limited and I generally take on new clients once or twice a year. Email me at grace AT gracequantock.com to discuss your needs, my availability and to explore if we are a fit.
If you are fed up of easy answers that don’t lead anywhere and ready to go deeper, let’s talk and have a free 15-minute call to meet on Zoom and see if we are a fit to work together. (There’s no sales pressure or guilt from me).
Let’s blaze a new trail for you, together. Book a free exploratory call with me.
If you resonate with this, please join me. However, if you are interested in this coaching because you feel manipulated, a fear of missing out, false scarcity, or that any hesitation you have is “just an excuse and means you don’t want it badly enough”, please do not purchase this, as I don’t want to be a part of, or participate in creating that experience for you.
If you feel this is a path or truth, depth, transformation, and kindness, then I am already doing my job and would love to have you join us. (credit to Randi Buckley)
• If you are looking for me to tell you how to live
• If you are looking for an easy fix (I can’t promise an easy nor a quick fix, though some clients work for 1 session, some for 3 months, some for much longer)
• If you are looking for a 10 step plan that works for everyone
…then this isn’t for you. And I respectfully invite you to find someone who can meet that, and I wish you luck in your journey.
The complimentary advice provided herein is based on an abbreviated examination of the minimal facts given, not the extensive analysis I conduct when working with individual clients. Therefore, this advice is not a substitute for working with a psychologist, therapist or other professional. I cannot guarantee the outcome of following the advice provided and my statements about the potential outcome are expressions of opinion only. Following the advice provided is at your own risk. Consider hiring a psychologist, therapist or other professional to assist you with this issue.
I guarantee that I will show up and do my best for you. And that you will leave our first session with a practical step to begin shifting your healing journey.
This I know
• I believe in the outsiders, the queers, femmes, holy ones, outcasts, activists and beloveds on the edges
• I believe in sacred scars, making meaning from our mess and struggles
• I believe in building our very bones
• I believe we are worth more than our productivity or proceeds
• I believe stories give us a container to do the deepest work and re-enter our lives after
• I believe in and love the borderlanders. And I am one
• I believe in celebrating you now
• I believe we can heal together
• I believe you may feel used up, broken and blamed and with all that you are beautiful, now
• I believe in the hardest moments we can get close to what life really is, if we choose to
• I believe that though you never asked for this, the pain, the trauma, the struggle and now it’s here, can we use it, work with it, to create a life you love?
• I believe there’s a place between desperately ill and miraculously cured and I’m living and playing there
• I believe we aren’t broken, but we are more real than any Instagram could ever contain
• I believe perfection itself is a painful prison
• I believe suffering isn’t a sign of failure
• I believe that illness isn’t your fault and it’s not just ‘an upper limit problem’ or because you haven’t said enough affirmations or didn’t think positively enough
• I believe that if you could think or manifest yourself better, you would have done it by now.
It’s not because you haven’t tried hard enough – I know you’ve tried, my dear, you’ve really, really tried.
That’s not how bodies work.
We need another way.
P.S If you are fed up with trying to cure yourself and still feeling sick and progressively stuck, broken (and broke). Then let’s find a new way to heal and blaze YOUR trail to the life you need.
I’d love to connect with you.
I see the sacred in your scars.
I can help you see it too. Together, we can weave a path forwards.
You never thought you’d be here, I get that. Life hasn’t given you a map for this place.
The narratives only show you an option for being miraculously cured (but not how, because there are lots of routes others have taken and you tried those and you aren’t cured. I get it, me neither) or being a brave sufferer, but you aren’t quite ready to give up and put the tartan blanket over your knees yet.
If society hasn’t given you a narrative, a role model, you have to create and be your own.
Together, we’ll re-write the story and blaze a trail to a life that fits you, now. A life in which you can live well, sustainably.
I’m not into offerings that set you up and then pile on the pressure, practices and perfection until you can’t help but fall off the wagon.
I don’t want to contribute to any sense of not-enoughness. I want to create a space where you can love and find happiness and peace in your very human life now.
With healing heart-hugs,
P.P.S If you have any questions, just email grace AT gracequantock.com or jump on a free 15-minute intro call with me by emailing grace AT gracequantock.com and we’ll see if we are a fit to work together.
“I was truly blessed by our session together. I am reminded daily of what we talked about particularly: acceptance, awareness, and freedom from that heavy ‘guilty’ feeling I’d been carrying around for YEARS.
The guilt piece was really huge. I’m not sure I can adequately describe it – honestly, I didn’t even realize how much it was affecting me, but now that it’s gone I feel so much freer, lighter, confident, and deserving! My creativity has gone up a notch (or ten!) and I’m more productive than ever.”
– Helen Hunter Mackenzie | HelenHunterMackenzie.com
“I felt a strong connection with Grace all the way from Wales to New York…Nothing can compare to how Grace wraps the experience in her gentle and loving nature.“
– Natasha Wozniak | NatashaJewelry.com
“I booked a session because I had heard great things about Grace from Erika Lyremark and thought it might help me break through some stuff…
Afterwards, I found that: I felt… different. Calmer, more at peace, more grounded. More capable of handling the swirling storm around me. Even my fiancé noticed the difference! I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders and I was able to move forward unburdened.”
– Amy Scott | NomadEditorial.com
“I booked a session because I know that within me lies true greatness. I have so much to offer this world and I feel paralysed at times in getting things done or moving forward. I expended a TON of energy in the wrong places and I know that I have benefited in the past from energy therapy.
During the session, I thought wow! It’s amazing, the things I am learning about myself, or the things that Grace is able to pick up on about me solely through her energy and expertise that she would not have known about me previously. I couldn’t believe what a loving, beautiful and courageous soul was guiding me through my session.
Afterwards, I found that I was even more OPEN to the possibilities of my future and felt as if I was cleared with a clean slate to begin anew.
The juiciest, deepest, sweetest moment of the experience was feeling the deep energy shifts within my own body. Bringing myself to tears as a means of intense cleansing which allowed me to open up and know that I was hitting on the areas within that needed healing and a dose of extra LOVE!
The biggest transformation, which actually took a while to fully set in… was my ability to stand up and finally know that in order to live the life I have always wanted/dreamed, I had to be who I truly was… not who others wanted me to be or saw me as.”
– Lindsey Tibesar | LindseyTibesar.com
I give thanks to my teachers, named and unnamed, known and unknown**
* Inspired by Mary Anne Radmacher, “courage is re-inventing your dreams”.
Image and quote credits:
Image 2: Altar, Grace Quantock. Woman with flowers, Jazmin Quaynor.
Image 3: Horses, Thibault Carron.
Image 5: Girl holding lantern, photo by Daiga Ellaby
Image 6: Cymru Landscape photo, Grace Quantock
Image 8: Cymru Landscape, Grace Quantock
Image 9: Woman holding mug, Annie Spratt
Image 10: Cymru landscape, Grace Quantock. Quote Briana Saussy
Image 10: Back of woman’s head, Joel Mwakasege
Image 11: Hands holding rose, Jake Thacker
Image 12: Wheelchairs, Grace Quantock.
Image 13: Woman with pink hijab, Pexels
**Credit to Lianne Raymond for the concept of known and unknown teachers.