Hi, I’m Grace, a psychotherapeutic counsellor and writer.
Writing can feel incredibly therapeutic. Often we get a feeling of catharsis when we write freely.
Mostly we have a craving to be heard, be witnessed, to re-write the narrative, to find some control and power in painful times.
But because it’s so powerful, I believe we need to approach it safely.
Many people are exploring creative writing for mental health and I’m sharing here how to do that safely.
I’ve created this video to teach about approaching the initial process of writing – that first impulse – in a trauma-informed way that’s artistically engaged.
In this video, you’ll learn:
– The differences between journalling, writing and therapy.
– Working in a trauma informed way
– How we can respond when our writing (or someone else’s) triggers a surge in memories of emotions.
– How our journal can act as a container.
– Engaging at the thresholds – what to do as we enter and leave our writing process for mental wellbeing.
Get more resources from me by signing up to my love and wellness letters, Postcards From The Margins here.
They’re packed with curated resources, inclusive support, navigating writing life & ways to live well when hurting.
Plus, you’ll get Pre-Appointment Pep Talk Programme FREE: 10 days of audio coaching sessions to prep you for challenging medical, work or life appointments.