I’m so excited to share that Beyond the Boundaries: Finding Freedom & Fulfilment Within Four Walls. Self-Care Edition is here!
If you are sick or struggling to live with limits then this book is for you.
I’ve been bed bound, house bound and spending lots of time within four walls due to health challenges. So I wrote this book for everyone who, like me, is living with limits but still wants to live well.
If you’ve wondered how to manage self-care when so much for it is so inaccessible…
My bath isn’t adapted!
I’m allergic to chocolate!
I can’t get outside to do ‘forest bathing‘!
…then you need this guide. It’s full of self-care that is approachable, accessible and affordable, not just aspirational.
And, there’s a list of 500 things to do when you are stuck in bed/at home and sick.
What you’ll learn in Beyond the Boundaries:
– You’ll be guided in designing your own Limits Liberation Plan.
– Meet role models for self-fulfilment and learn about the world-changers making a massive impact from their homes and beds.
– Create a morning routine of self-care that’s accessible and sustainable for you.
– Learn to create a beautiful environment, no matter your location or circumstances.
– Discover 8 ways to make your bedroom gorgeous.
– Explore dressing for comfort and joy.
– Find accessible, energy saving, stylish ways to dress.
– Reveal the secret of what to wear all day instead of pyjamas.
– Meet the challenges of how to actually get dressed when struggling with pain.
– Top tips on managing personal care when you are too tired to get to the bathroom.
What you’ll get:
– A downloadable ebook and an audio version. In total, over 30,000 words of wellness support, inclusion and action!
– A list of 500 Things to Do When You are Bed Bound and Bored (if you liked my viral blog 49 Things To Do When Bed Bound and Bored, you’ll LOVE this!)
– Exclusive Beyond the Boundaries Manifesto to super-charge your intention.
– Special bonus resources including:
An interview with Vivienne McMaster, founder of Be Your Own Beloved: exploring self-compassion through self-portraiture. We talk about ways to make this accessible to people who are bed bound or house bound and how working with our image supports healing.
An interview with Huffington Post blogger Heidi McKenzie, founder of Alter Ur Ego wheelchair fashion company on how style can transform perceptions, conversations and connections, her experience as Ms Wheelchair Kentucky and creating an adaptable style solution/revolution.
You’ll also get exclusive printable posters of all your favourite fun things to do from bed to brighten your walls.
And, I’ve got 15 things for you to do when sick and tired or at home and bored here:
1. Check out positive coping techniques from Heads Above the Waves [trigger warning: mention of self-harm]
3. Check out Briana Saussy’s Astro Rx 2017 and get those dates in your diary.
5. Begin a painting of a big canvas or paper, add one mark + per day to document your experience. If you are happy, what does that look like on the canvas? A golden dot? five blue swirls, circling over each other? A line that follows the shape of your fingers? If you are mourning something, how does that express on the canvas? See how your celebrations and heart-aches build into beautiful art, through your year. (Inspired by IMAGINE.)
7. Sing an advertising jungle from your childhood. Sing it in the style of your favourite musical artist.
8. Download Eyecare and protect your vision. Future you will thank you.
9. Try cloud watching. What will you see?
10. Record a message and send it to a friend or loved one.
11. Request a song on a radio station, dedicate it to someone you love or something you are proud of.
12. What’s the makeup/hairstyle or accessory that you always admire in others but never have the confidence to try yourself? Do it today and wear it around the house, see how you feel. If you are comfortable with it at home, you could one day expand to wearing it outside. My pick? Cat-eye eyeliner.
13. Listen to or read a biography of someone unexpected. Who knew I would enjoy the autobiography of Ozzy Osbourne so much?
14. Listen to something that inspires you while you clean your teeth or have a shower.
15. Experiment to find the most comfortable cushion arrangement for you.
Like this? Want more? There are 500 fun things to do from home in my new ebook. Get it today…